Saturday, December 8, 2012

A.P.B.

Though I left Henry a message on our book trading website, I ended up posting a general forum message about Henry's sudden disappearance.  Immediately the whole forum leapt into action.  A subforum was even created to discuss Henry's disappearance.

I'm floored at the forum's reaction.  It is clear to me, now, that my life isn't the only one that Henry touched.  All of these men and women who had these brief interactions with Henry, he had left a mark on all of them.  I wonder if it was his earnest enthusiasm for books that touched them, his blunt, honest-to-a-fault demeanor, or something else.

I don't know.

Some of the threads on the forum have begun to speculate on what happened to Henry, where he went.  Of course, it's the internet, and so dozens of conspiracy theories have been posited. I don't really believe any of these, of course.  I think it's just a case of Henry failing to realize that there are people that care about him and that he should communicate his moving to them.

Whatever the case, I know Henry's still out there and I have faith that we will contact each other, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment